Embodied Mind NYC is an integrative psychotherapy practice in the heart of New York City. We integrate cutting edge treatment modalities with a sophisticated approach to growth and change.
Dubbed the 'silent epidemic', suicide rates for middle aged men have increased dramatically over the past decade. Men are isolated and overwhelmed and receiving support is often fraught with challenges and stigma. Many of our clinicians focus on serving the special needs of men and their relationships to mitigate isolation and increase support.
Often, isolated, we see men coping with life's challenges, responsibilities, and relationships in a number of ways.
• Frequent alcohol, cocaine, or marijuana binges or consistent use despite consequences to health, finances or relationships
• Absorption and over focused with career and work to the detriment of personal relationships and health
• Persistent gambling perpetuating debt and/or distractions from other responsibilities in life
• Overwhelm by recent divorce, life transition, instability, or infidelity
• Out of control sexual behavior via pornography/masturbation, paid sex, pr infidelity despite potential or recurrent conflicts
• Difficulties controlling anger at work, home, or in intimate relationships
• Sexual anxiety causing avoidance, premature ejaculation, or impotence
• Frequent lethargy, numbing, or feeling withdrawn in the face of increasing life demands
• Elusive sense of purpose and meaning
• Bouts of anxiety, panic, and feelings of overwhelm
Help is available and you may benefit from working with us. We provide a non-judgmental, supportive, and challenging environment, offering you the guidance and accountability to cultivate a capacity to better manage your responsibilities and your relationships.